Friday, March 03, 2006

don't touch my bags, if you please, mr. customs man

A quick post to wish our near-silent blogging partner Jim all the best on his travels, as he leaves us for 3 weeks to visit far-off places. We wish him well and a safe and speedy return. He's not going to Los Angeles, but I was planning on posting this track at some point.

Arlo Guthrie - Coming Into Los Angeles



Remember when people did tapes? I first heard this track on a mix-tape our friend Sally-Ann did WAY back in the day. She made us some great mixes that I still listen to now - howdy, if you're out there, Sally-Ann.

I always loved the acoustic guitar playing on this track - if you really concentrate on it, it's kind of hypnotic. The whole recording is super laid-back and smooth - love it!

And Jim - make sure you pack your OWN cases, dood.

Buy - the best of Arlo Guthrie
Visit - Arlo Guthrie

No comments: