Wednesday, March 29, 2006

reach for the lasers

I am probably not the best person to ask about the Acid House summer of 1988. I was much too busy mourning the death of The Smiths, worshipping any band with semi-acoustic guitars and training my quiff. I was loved up but not in the acid sense of the word. I guess it's like the cliche about the '60's, if you CAN remember it, you weren't really there. Lancaster University wasn't exactly the hub of the new Dance culture but Manchester is just down the road and once the guitar bands like The Stone Roses, The Happy Mondays and co started playing at the Sugarhouse the fringes got floppier and trousers got wider and everyone found a hitherto untapped dance element in their youth culture.

Inner City- Good Life



So why 'Good Life'? Well this tune (Chhhooooooonnnn) crossed over for me, a regular dancefloor filler that united all the people (except Goths) and sounds great when you play it loud. Analogue and Digital, it's machine music with soul. Nice one.

Buy Good Life- The Best of Inner City here

No comments: