Saturday, August 05, 2006

a jerkish turkish beat

You find me today writing this through the fug of my stag-do, which was last night. I'm going off to get married and will be back in a week or so. As a special treat before I go (and to hopefully lift me out of my grumpy hungover mood), here are more tracks from my old Muppet Show album which caused all sorts of kafuffle when I posted some tracks back in the day.

As I said previously, "Mahna Mahna" is widely held to be the Muppet nonsense classic of choice but I think "Hugga Wugga" is much better. Commenters on the earlier post demanded I back up such wild claims by posting both tracks together.

The Muppets - Mahna Mahna


The Muppets - Hugga Wugga


Now you can go crazy and debate this vital issue to your hearts content! Enjoy.

But what about this late contender, featuring as it does some great banter from Statler and Waldorf? Decisions, decisions... Let me know what you think.

The Muppets - Pachalafaka


In my emotionally fragile state, this could well finish me off. If you can listen to this without even the slightest hint of emotion, you have a heart of stone.

Kermit's nephew, Robin - Halfway Down The Stairs



Jim Henson was a bloody genius. RIP.

Buy - Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem & More!, which has much of the material used in both of my posts
Visit - Muppets.com

No comments: