Tuesday, May 24, 2005

break your mama's back

Devo - Uncontrollable Urge


It was only a matter of time and I got there first! As a band we are very varied in our tastes and so far in Blog-land I am the obvious pop-kid. There are a number of significant musical meeting places in Domino-ville and I think it is a safe bet to say that we all love Devo.

I'm not getting into the whole bizarre world view, artskool quirky Devo philosophy thing. I don't understand half of the things they bang on about and I'm not entirely sure whether they do. As far as I'm concerned they are a great, tight, danceable rock and roll band. They would probably hate that description but what the hey!

The two tracks I have picked demonstrate their musical brilliance and single minded musical vision. They also demonstrate their undoubted sense of humour. Other people could theorise on their imagery and serious side, I hope they do. I just want to say, this is a great band...so....Devo are a great band. I thank you.

Devo - Be Stiff



Club Devo

Buy Q: Are We Not Men? A:We Are Devo

No comments: